Where your Money goes
GV Health Foundation is driven by the community of the Goulburn Valley and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for residents across the region.
GV Health Foundation fundraises for a range of causes across GV Health – to assist with the provision of medical equipment and other capital needs, to attract research funding and to raise funds for educational opportunities and scholarships that will enhance services provided to the community.
Please see our Case for support document for more information on how we create change and our goals for the future.
2023 and Beyond Priorities for the GV Health Foundation are to keep doing what we have been doing since our inception in 1989 but we also have targeted projects such as below:
1. Integrated Cancer Centre
With your support we can develop a new Integrated Cancer Centre with 18-20 spaces for chemotherapy, haematology and onsite radiotherapy. The centre will also provide 8-10 consulting rooms, expand wellness services and establish a contemporary multidisciplinary team treatment and care planning facility as well as space for research and clinical trials which are a major component of best practice cancer care.
Currently many of these critical cancer services are not available onsite or are spread across 12 points of care representing a major gap in cancer service provision in the region.
2. The GV Rural Clinical School
3. Dedicated family Programs in the Early Parenting Centre
4. Staff accommodation
We are proud of our recent achievements which include:
- Fundraised to build a new children’s ward at GV Health
- Conducted a $1.3 million public appeal for the Peter Copulos Cancer Centre and oncology unit at GV Health
- Supported the refurbishment and reequipment of the special care nursery
- Purchased a trans perineal biopsy machine together with the Male Bag Foundation, Freemasons Foundation Victoria and Biggest Ever Blokes Luncheon so men across the Goulburn and Murray valleys no longer have to travel to Melbourne to receive the best possible prostate cancer treatment
- In conjunction with the Greater Shepparton Lighthouse Project, the Foundation supported 75 families in the Family Haven program which provides a safe space where young families can meet, share a meal and connect with others. The aim is to build parental capability through service referral especially in the areas of school entry vulnerability, family violence and socioeconomic disadvantage. The GV Health Foundation supports programs such as The Haven as it is committed to supporting preventive programs aimed at capacity building in achieving better health outcomes
Raised funds for GV Health’s:
– Early Parenting Centre
– Mental health services
– Mary Coram Unit to assist patients with rehabilitation
- Attracted funding for specialised medical equipment, assisted with ward and clinical unit refurbishments.
- Contributed to the provision of educational scholarships and training for GV Health employees
- Assisted in promoting important health messaging to the community e.g., via the annual Teal Ribbon Day breakfast which contributes to the awareness of ovarian disease and treatment.
- Contributed to post graduate training for paediatric physiotherapists
- Supported the clinical expertise of the overall delivery of clinical and community services.
- The foundation conducted the campaign for the successful refurbishment of the special care nursery made possible by a large donation – the refurbishment and reequipment resulted an enhanced patient outcomes.
- The Foundation in conjunction with community drove a lot of important community messaging i.e. annual teal breakfast which contributes to the profile of ovarian disease and treatment.
- The foundation also supported and drove the Clinical expertise of the overall delivery of clinical and community services.
- Events held for cancer support services, including a High Tea to raise funds for GV Health’s Peter Copulos Cancer and Wellness Centre.
- The “Give me 5 for kids” appeal, supported by 95 3SR FM, to raise funds for GV Health’s Child and Adolescent Ward
- Corporate sponsorships for GV Health’s mental health services.
- A Mother’s Day lunch raising funds to support the premature babies cared for in GV Health’s Special Nursery.
- Auxiliaries and community donations supporting providing equipment to assist patients with rehabilitation in GV Health’s Mary Corum Unit & Gruztner House